Sources of Funding

Tenants Fund

The Tenants Fund is a grant available to groups to cover their running costs for example printing, stationary, travel and childcare costs. Groups are eligible if they represent council tenants and address housing and related issues. The Federation administers the fund on behalf of the council. An application form can be found on our publications webpage.

Ward Committee

Your group may be eligible for a grant from your local Ward Committee if you are going to provide community based activities such as social or environmental projects. For more information contact your local Ward Co-ordinator at Newcastle Civic Centre on (0191) 232 8520.

Other funding

If your group is looking for a grant for a particular project, Newcastle Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) can help you find sources of funding. For more information contact the Funding Advice Officer on (0191) 232 7445, or email 

Information about other sources of funding for voluntary and community organisations can be obtained by logging on to Grantnet or by contacting Newcastle City Council on (0191) 277 7801.